How We Save Elephants
Photography by: Per-Gunnar Ostby
Because 96 African elephants are killed EVERY DAY for their ivory tusks
HOW WILL YOUR DONATION HELP?
- Purchase of newly engineered elephant and poaching monitoring equipment.
- Expansion of protected areas and national parks
- Employment of local "eco-guards" - thus we are also supporting local village-based African communities build a better future for their families and instill pride in their beautiful nature
- Infrasound detecting microphones to help decode elephant "language" while also detecting the presence of poachers
- Funding elephant thermography studies to increase our understanding of elephant social behaviour in an effort to better protect them